Metal and Compound Powders
Tantalum & Niobium Materials/Metal Powders, Oxides, Chlorides, Compounds
Tantalum and Niobium Metal Powders
- Tantalum and niobium are refractory metals with melting points of 3,017℃ and 2,477℃, respectively.
- They are excellent materials for capacitor anodes as they form an extremely thin but dense oxide layer as dielectric.
- While copper is used for semiconductor wiring, tantalum or tantalum nitride is used as an effective barrier layer for preventing copper from diffusing into the semiconductor layers.
- High-purity and high-quality tantalum and niobium powders are used in the aerospace and energy industries as additives for improving the corrosion resistance of turbine blades.
|Typical Applications||Capacitors, sputtering targets, medical care applications, rolled products, wires, thermal spraying|
Tantalum and Niobium Oxide Powders
- High-purity tantalum pentoxide and niobium pentoxide enhance the refractive index of specialty lenses for high-end cameras or cameras in parking assistance systems.
- Through doping, they also increase the performance of multi-layered ceramic capacitors (MLCC).
- Lithium niobate and lithium tantalate derived from high-purity oxides, are used to manufacture electronic components like surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters which can be applied in mobile devices.
- Niobium hydroxide is used as a precursor of niobium compounds.
|Products||Ta2O5, Nb2O5, Nb(OH)5|
|Typical Applications||Monocrystalline raw materials, high-purity applications, optical lenses, piezoelectric devices, multi-layered ceramic capacitors, catalysts, alloy additives, pigments, coatings, niobium compound precursor|
Chlorides and Compounds
- These are chlorides and compounds of tantalum, niobium and other metals, with outstanding reactivity.
- Chlorides can be used in semiconductor manufacturing processes as CVD process precursors.
- Niobium compounds are applicable as piezoelectric device materials, and are used in tumor treatment systems and other medical care applications.
- Niobium ammonium oxalate is used as a dopant in the battery industry to achieve increases in battery charge/discharge cycles.
|Products||Chlorides: TaCl5, NbCl5, WCl6, MoCl5
Compounds: Niobium ammonium oxalate (NAmOx), niobium oxalates, tantalum oxalates, KNbO3, MgNb2O6
|Typical Applications||CVD precursor, synthesis, catalysts, coating, MLCC, semiconductor applications, pigments, electroceramics, doping of PZT, precursor for PMN|
AMtrinsic®-Metal Powders for Additive Manufacturing
- We provide AMtrinsic® Spherical Powders and alloys containing Tantalum and Niobium that are ideal for additive manufacturing applications.
- Tantalum and niobium are biocompatible and non-allergenic, with high melting points, high corrosion resistance, and ductility at high temperatures.
- They also have a small coefficient of thermal expansion, and excellent thermal and electrical conductivity, for application to medical care, aerospace, chemical reaction processes and many other uses in metal additive manufacturing.
|Products||Ta, Nb, TiNbTa, Ti42Nb, TaW, FS85 (Nb/Ta/W/Zr)|
|Products Under Development||TiTa, High Entropy Alloys (HEA), C103 (Nb/Hf/Ti)|
- As a metal with high melting point along with resistance to corrosion and oxidation, niobium is used as an additive in superalloys based on nickel, iron, and cobalt.
- Since nickel niobium alloy functions to improve tensile strength and toughness, it is a choice in superalloys used for parts that must withstand high temperatures.
|Typical Applications||Alloy Additives|
The listed products are sold by TANIOBIS GmbH.
From the Web
Inquiries accepted 24 hours a day
- Department name
- Business Development Department, Tantalum and Niobium Division
Calls accepted from 9:00 a.m. to 5:50 p.m. JST (except weekends and holidays)